Being unemployed isn't the most ideal situation to be in but is a place that I have been in a few times in the past.
I am currently employed full-time permanently (as long as I keep performing the way that I do and of course improve!) but have been unemployed before a few times and I have some tips for being unemployed and find a job.
Of course I am not a professional but these things have worked for me in the past and are things that I would do now if I would become unemployed in the future.
1. Take at least 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening to look at job service websites and apply to as many jobs as you please. I think aiming to apply to least 5 jobs a day is a good goal to work start off with. Of course you may apply to more or less that day but hopeful it works out for you. Doing it twice a day I believe clears your mind and allows a fresh perspective to make sure those cover letters are looking extremely tailored.
2. Get out of the house. Even if its to go to the grocery for for 1 item a day. You do not want to get stir crazy but want to stay socialized.
3. Have the perfect interview look and make sure that you have the right routine to make your self look professionally groomed and presentable to be able to work there.
4. Go to placement agencies and register. You never know what kind of contract that you will be given. Plenty agencies offer long-term to long-term to permanent positions with the companies that you go out and work for as well it gives you the opportunity to try a variety of different things. Why not try as much as you can, especially when making money. It's the perfect way to try seasonal positions.
5. Seasonal positions. Summer and winter does offer seasonal positions from everyone. Try and see if one of them works for you.
6. You can still do things despite not having a job. You can still visit with friends, walks, runs and plenty of other seasonal activities that you can do for free or very little money. For example you can you go to public skating is both free and ones where you can pay.
7. Come up with a job plan and goals that you want to do for yourself both professionally and personally so that while you are unemployed you can feel accomplished and get things done. There is always things I find that while you are working you tend to be have the attitude that if you had more time you would just do x thing. Now that you have the time, find the time to do all of the things that you would never would have done before.
8. Everyone has an opinion. To some people you are never working hard enough to find work or to maintain the home while your not working. Keep detailed records I find helps with people understand that what I am doing everyday isn't just watching TV doing nothing.
9. Find your passion is hard but it may come in a way that you may never expected. You may have started working at a job that is the 'right now' job while you look for what you really want to be doing may end up being the position that you want.
10. Working for your self. There are plenty of websites & companies out there online that offer money for doing surveys, short-term contracts for payment and other companies that allow you the ability to help others with rides, delivering food, moving, just what ever.
These are just a few suggestions that I have. Keep your self busy and postivie. The soon you find work all depends on you and how much effort you put into it. There is a job for everyone. Not everyone is employed fully at one time. You will find something.
Are there any positios that you would never consider? Positoins that you are only looking for? Would you ever work for yourself? If you could make your own schedule, what would it look like? If you could work from home, would you?